[PD] Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at>

Simon Wise via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jul 17 05:49:26 CEST 2014

On 16/07/14 02:52, Ivica Bukvic via Pd-list wrote:
> Depends what you mean by decent enough. Original Pi has audio out. Is it
> decent enough, depends on your needs. That said, RPi (regardless of the
> revision) is a formidable arduino replacement. See lots of pots shield that
> fits either (I just presented a paper on it in NIME) made by modern device.
> Couple that with an $9 USB audio card that has both input and output and
> you're done.

or lash out on a $35 wolfson card if you need stereo in and out plus more, and
want to avoid the usb.

certainly the Raspberries are cheaper than the Udoo, even with this card
included ... but 3+ x the price of a Raspberry does get you a lot more computing
power (4 much faster CPU cores plus an Arduino Due core with all the analogue
and digital IO exposed and internally connected ... and the GPUs have openCL
available and much more comprehensive documentation if you want to use them at a
very raw level). There are much better peripherals included if you need that.
Not sure yet how the audio noise compares between the wolfson, plain raspberry
and udoo but will test and report eventually

Simon.