[PD] Audio streaming for 3 or more channels?

Bektur ph318 at yandex.ru
Mon Jul 21 18:50:50 CEST 2014

> If you run jack, see:
> http://netjack.sourceforge.net/

> or jacktrip:
> # aptitude install jacktrip

Both solutions seem like exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Here’s what I encountered (copied from one of my earlier letters in mailing list)

> I’m running a simple iOS application with libpd and udpreceive~ objects in the patch. The audio is sent from a computer with udpsend~ object, with only one channel currently being used. Whenever I stream to a single IP address everything works fine with almost unnoticeable latency. However, when I try to broadcast to multiple addresses in the network (as shown in udpsend~ help patch), I get two kinds of errors:
>
> – On OS X, block size >= 512 triggers “Message too long (40)” error. It happens only on OS X (tried the same patch on ubuntu, and this error didn’t reappear), one of the possible solutions I found was to use smaller block size, but in such case it would cause the second kind of error
>
> – On a client I get "udpreceive~: bad header tag (1)” error with incrementing numbers in the error. At first, I thought the libpd implementation was to blame, but it also happened when I run the same send and receive patches on two different computers running Pd-extended and connected over a local wireless network.

I haven’t found any workaround for this yet, but I’m planning to try reproducing these issues on a windows machine with ASIO drivers.

Best regards,
Bektur