[PD] Sending and receiving messages with a RaspPi

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Jul 21 23:01:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 19/07/14 17:28, Jaime E Oliver via Pd-list wrote:
> Just continuing with that thread, what are the best ways to send and receive messages with a Pi via UDP or similar?
>
> Is it possible to connect them with an ethernet cable directly without a router?

If you have a USB WiFi dongle, it's possible to set it up as an access
point that other devices can connect to. That way you don't need a
separate wifi hub/router. Can't remember which tutorial I followed but
you should be able to find it with a search like "raspberry pi as access
point" if interested.

With regards to sending messages over UDP - I've been working on a set
of patches for doing LAN syncing of Pd patches - both timing and data.
Will post when I have something solid to share.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/