[PD] PdDroidParty stops finding patches ...

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Mon Jul 21 23:28:56 CEST 2014

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:57:54 +0200, Chris McCormick wrote
> Hi!
>
> On 18/07/14 16:18, R. Mattes via Pd-list wrote:
> > I just upgraded my Android (Toshiba AC100) to the latest CyanogenMod (Android
> > 4.4.2 / CM 11) and updated PdDroidParty as well (PdDroidParty-debug-264.apk)
> > Srtangely, PdDroidParty can't find any of my Patches any more (same goes for
> > the example pathes). Any idea what's going on?
>
> This sounds like something to do with the location of external
> storage changing.

Yes, sorry. I just read the code: somehow my old PdDroidParty seems to
have searched everywhere. The new version only searches in
/sdcard/PdDroidParty. Once I put my patch there everything worked fine.

> Ugh, I have just looked at the code and we are getting the path to
> the files with a hardcoded "/sdcard" when we are supposed to use
> getExternalStorage() or similar instead. This is probably why it is
> failing, sorry about that. I will try to fix it soon.

BTW, a small feature request: when I close a patch I'm prompted with a
"Are you shure you want to close ... ?" It would be rather convenient to
have a third choice to go back to the patch selection list.

And another bug report: when I open a patch the sliders always show the
"low" position, not the actual value set with a loadbang (this works in
Pd). This error happens both for svg-styled and plain GUIs.

Thanks a lot,

 RalfD