[PD] Sending and receiving messages with a RaspPi

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 22 17:52:04 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-21 18:29, Brian Fay wrote:
> Thanks for the info on using the Pi as an access point; that sound
> awesome! I'd really appreciate a rough estimate of the latency one would
> get when sending UDP between the Pi and a laptop with this WiFi setup.
>
> I'd love to build some kind of foot controller using the Raspberry Pi,
> but I wonder if the delay would be negligible enough for a looper
> (control from Pi, audio processing on laptop).

I would think an arduino is more appropriate as a foot controller as it
has real-time response, can connect via USB or MIDI(with 2 extra
resistors and a connector) and uses less power. (or the teensy, which
can operate as MIDI over USB and is even smaller than an arduino)
The rPi would be better as the thing that's controlled by your foot.

Martin