[PD] pdlua (was Re: Pd and SQL)

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 22 18:26:37 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-19 07:34, IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list wrote:
> On 07/19/2014 09:17 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list wrote:
..

>> the build correctly loads the hello.pd_lua, but i tested list-pak and it
>> throws me a number of errors:
>>
>>> lua: error in dispatcher:
>>> [string "list-pak"]:51: attempt to call field 'getn' (a nil value)
>
> after a bit of research this turned out to be a "problem" in lua: the
> table.getn() function has been deprecated in lua5.1 and removed in
> lua5.2, hence those lua-externs are no longer working with recent
> versions of lua.

Those are now fixed in svn, I used the '#' operator instead of
table.getn, it should work as in these cases the tables never have holes
in them.

> similariy [lexpr] doesn't work any more since getfenv/setfenv have been
> removed in lua5.2

That is more difficult as a fix for 5.2 will be incompatible with lua5.1.
The lua version is available to the script so maybe it could be done
with 'if' statements as long as lua doesn't try to evaluate the
non-compatible code.

Martin