[PD] comments with trailing | ?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 3 22:35:36 CEST 2014

On 08/03/2014 02:23 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Belatedly - I'm not sure what's wrong here:
>
> What OS are you on?

Debian Wheezy.

>    On linux, I go to src and "make -f makefile.gnu" and on
> Mac, "make -f makefile.mac".  Seems to do incremental rebuilds just fine for me.

Yes, I think you suggested that before and it solved the problem for
me.  It's just that I always did "./configure && make" to build, then
"make" to do incremental builds.  The "auto" system didn't allow me to
continue doing that (at least not in a way that is trivial to figure
out), and I wasn't sure whether that was a bug or not.

> (I advise anyone but professional software packagers to stay away from the "auto"
> build system - lots of folks (including me) have trouble getting it to work.)

It's orders of magnitude more complex than what you describe above, but
on the bright side it doesn't work very well.  What is it doing there?

-Jonathan