[PD] Textfile object write method injects unwanted linefeed carriage returns

Michael Slater michael.slater at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 05:23:31 CEST 2014

screenshot of the issue

Patch needs to write lists of 15 floats and one text(symbol) to a text file, many times.

As far as I can tell, it seems that the textfile object injects carriage return when the line exceeds some (small) fixed limit. I've tried writing multiple types of messages to the file, and they all demonstrate similar behavior.

It's annoying to have a row of data broken into multiple lines because I need to suck this file into excel to do some processing of the output on the rows of results..

I cannot find anything written about this behavior and I'm not experienced PD-programmer. Can anyone offer any ideas?