[PD] pd, csound, fluidsynth -- and is this unnecessarily cumbersome?

forrest curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 07:41:37 CEST 2014

Yeah, I found the same link, same dead end (?) -- [Thanks, though!]

On the csound side of things there are codes like:
'*sfinstr*, *sfinstrm*, *sfload*, *sfpassign*, *sfplay*, *sfplaym*,
*sfplist*, *sfpreset*'
which will probably do what I wanted within csoundapi~, ie play one note
and send the audio to an a-rate variable where I can potentially mess with
it directly before sending the audio out to pd..

But I'd like to bypass csound altogether, just pull out one appropriate
sample and read it into an array, which I could then use directly