[PD] pd, csound, fluidsynth -- and is this unnecessarily cumbersome?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 12 12:11:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

the source code of fluid~ external for Pd is part of the externals repository
on Sourceforge, more specifically it's here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/footils/fluid/

It's pretty old code and hasn't been updated since 2007 or so. Building it is
tricky because it requires the flext-framework to be installed and running as
well. A binary might be part of the pd-lork variant of Pd, but it definitely
isn't part of Pd-extended.

Unfortunatly I haven't been able to follow the latest (read past 1-2 years) of
Pd development very much so I cannot be of much further help with building the
external ...

It might be easier to just run the fluidsynth command line binary and talk to
it over a virtual loopback midi connection which is very easy to set up with
qjacktl or similar tools on Linux. Then you wouldn't need Csound or csoundapi
at all.

Ciao
--
Frank