[PD] Gem on UDOO

Jack jack at rybn.org
Wed Aug 20 18:37:18 CEST 2014

Le 20/08/2014 18:29, Jack a écrit :
> Le 20/08/2014 18:07, Cyrille Henry a écrit :
>>
>> Le 19/08/2014 16:46, Jack a écrit :
>>> Hello Cyrille,
>>>
>>> The test patch is attached to this email (Pd 0.46.0test1, GEM: ver:
>>> 0.93.git 374f713).
>>>
>>> I have some more questions :
>>> - Can you tell me if the framerate stays at 20 fps ?
>> if i keep only 1 line of text, i have 5fps.
> Not enough for my purpose...
>
>> but text3d is not the most optimised way to render text.
> What do you suggest to optimise text rendering ?

I could use a big texture and change tex_coordinate. But I have never
got better performance with this technic compare with text3d.
Or use one texture per letter, but never get better performance compare
with text3d.
I can give it a new try if someone tell me i am wrong.
Anyway, thanx for your tests.
++

Jack