[PD] Fresh XP install, extended works but not vanilla?

JF saintidle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 20:46:54 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've come across a problem that has me stumped.

I've recently bought another laptop which is the same model/spec as my current one. I've installed Win XP SP2 (again, same as other laptop) fresh from the OEM disc, and tried to run PD vanilla and it wouldn't open. Nothing happened when double clicking the EXE.

I downloaded the latest vanilla version (I think I had been running an older version) from Miller's page and the latest extended. Again vanilla wouldn't run. Extended installed fine though and that works. I thought tha installing extended might 'fix' vanilla but that still won't run.

I opened the command line and ran the pd.com and it said there was an TCL error? But no windows pop up and nothing else happens. I don't have much info to go on...

pd.com

spawnl: Invalid argument
C:\pd\bin\wish85.exe: couldn't load TCL

Does anybody know how I should attack this? Or can anyone help?

Thanks in advance as always,
John.