[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.46-0test1 released

Cyrille Henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Aug 21 18:06:52 CEST 2014

Le 21/08/2014 17:47, Miller Puckette a écrit :

> Correct - but if some keyboard actually sent a note-off message with a nonzero
> velocity a Pd patch wouldn't easily be able to get that value.  I don't think
> it's important at all (and neither do I think the limitations in oscparse will
> ever matter) - but of course I could be wrong, since my experience with osc is
> smaller than tiny.  I've never used the protocol at all.  (I think FUDI is
> much cleaner :)
yes, i prefer fudi to.
but on small hardware, like the one i was developing 12 years ago, OSC was faster.
not because of the reduced bandwidth, but because of the conversion between ascii character to float.
but that time is over now, and this conversion should be quicker even on "small" hardware.

cheers