[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.46-0test1 released

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Aug 22 18:14:02 CEST 2014

Hi Miller,

Very cool, thanks for getting OSC objects into native Pd!

On 21/08/14 17:22, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Correct.  The bet I'm making is that nobody who's receiving OSC messages
> would have any doubt which is it.  YOu have to know what messages the source
> is sending you and what to do with them anyway.
>
> OTOH, if it does turn out that there's any real situation when such
> disamiguation is needed (for instance, storing OSC streams for later
> sequencing?) the objects could easily be altered to put in symbolic markers
> to separate everything - this would be in the form of a creation flag to
> make it an option.  But I think for 99% of the use cases this would just be
> a huge extra pain.

I have attached a patch to oscparse giving it an extra outlet telling
the user how many of the atoms belong to the address component. Let me
know what you think or if I should take a different tack.

I feel like there are definitely going to be use-cases we can't think of
requiring this information for the user (as well of the one you have
already thought of).

Another good flag for the future might be one that leaves the address
component the way it looks when it comes in so that people don't have to
set up multiple routes if they are just listening for a single thing or
two, what do you think?

Cheers,

Chris.

--