[PD] max midi in devices

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 24 22:53:04 CEST 2014

I think the problem in Linux is that the "old fashioned" /dev/midi*
interface (traditionally but incorrectly callesd "OSS") doesn't give
applications any way to get the names of the MIDI devices.

The "ALSA" midi code (which I think was contributed long ago by Guenter
Geiger) doesn't seem to support any way of selecting devices - I believe it
just opens them all.

cheers
Miller