[PD] made it: vcf as cpole and its freq response

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 05:15:08 CEST 2014

it took me a few months to get this working and I've bugged people here
onthe list to help me out - it's finally working!

I have a patch that generates the coefficients for [cpole~] according to
the [vcf~]'s inputs and I was able to draw a freq response according to the
cpole's z-transform.

it wasn't easy - I had help of a friend understanding the source code of
vcf~ and in tjis forum someone solved all the z-transform issues for me.
http://dsp.stackexchange.com/questions/17917/real-and-imaginary-frequency-responses-of-a-single-complex-pole

well, here's the patch for anyone who cares understanding vcf better. The
patch is a mess and very dirty, but I will clean it up and put it in my
computer music course examples soon.

cheers