[PD] max midi in devices

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 16:15:25 CEST 2014

*Now that many manufacturers are building MIDI controllers (apart
fromkeyboards, MIDI guitars, wind controllers, etc.) like a single foot
pedal, asingle foot switch or gesture control using a full MIDI interface
over USBthe number will be growing again. I'm pretty sure of that.*

Yeah, I'm guilty of that, I've been buying a couple of these
http://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php

You can plug in any footswitch and it works plug and play as MIDI via USB.
It's nice cause sometimes you need a big controller just so you can use the
footswitch/expression input, and actually most of cheap MIDI gear won't
have it, or maybe just one. Yeah you can do stuff with arduino and plug
them in it I suppose, but I'm just lazy with arduino - guess you can build
the switches easily too (even lazier with that). So I might end up with 4
of these someday :)

cheers