[PD] csound6~ and chnset messages: No 'chnget'?

forrest curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:19:35 CEST 2014

I'm running a typewriter-keyboard via [key] and [keyup] to generate notes
in csound... [not via midi]

I'm sending the noteoff messages from [keyup] to end the particular note
generated by that key... but the value csound receives persists afterwards
& kills any subsequent notes from that key (until I've hit a different key.)

When I zero out the variable after it's received, chnget finds that channel
still showing the old value one cycle later, and restores it.

How to fix this? -- Would chnset _from_ csound work? Or what?

Forrest Curo
San Diego