[PD] PD for Kids

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Aug 28 07:48:54 CEST 2014

Thanks for the shout-out, Jonathan :-)

Everything Jonathan said is indeed true. In addition, you can get a
better idea how pd-l2ork and more specifically K12 module look by visiting:

http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=2554

and in particular

http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/pd-l2ork-K12.jpg

The K12 mode includes objects that allow interaction with Arduinos,
Raspberry Pis, and Wiimotes, with the idea that it is always a single
object that does it all...

FWIW, we've held a series of maker camps over the past four years,
including a creation of a satellite laptop orchestra for kids. More
recently we did a Raspberry Pi Orchestra workshop with middle school kids.

For more info on workshops, see Virginia Tech's Institute for
Creativity, Arts, and Technology:

http://www.icat.vt.edu

HTH

Best,

Ico

On 8/25/2014 12:27 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> Hi JmA,
>     I know Ivica has a "-k12" mode for Pd-l2ork that is specifically
> geared toward kids.
>
> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?p=1964
>
> The gui objects for getting data from wiimote look particularly nice.
>
> The limiting factor is that Pd-l2ork only runs GNU/Linux-only atm.
> -Jonathan
>

> On Monday, August 25, 2014 12:11 PM, "jma at jeanmarie-adrien.net"
> <jma at jeanmarie-adrien.net> wrote:
>

> Hello list
> Are there somewhere patches which can be used with a group of children
> 7-9 years old to discover PD & sound ?
> (trying to avoid doing the thing another time …)
> cheers
> JmA

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor