[PD] Problem with X11 (was: Compile error on Odroid-U3)

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 17:34:08 CEST 2014

I'm starting a new thread cause the problems I have with Odroid are
changing. Since I installed Pd with apt-get, at first, when I was writing
/usr/bin/pd, I was getting the following:
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

and Pd was hanging (this was mentioned in the previous thread).

Now I get something else when I try to open Pd, which is this:
xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
"localhost:10.0"

followed by watchdog:signaling pd... repeatedly.

When I log in a Udoo I have (both Odroid and Udoo via ssh with the -X flag)
I can open Pd without problems and XQuartz works fine, but with Odroid I
get this. I guess the last line of the comments (couldn't connect to
display "localhost:10.0") should have a significant meaning, but I don't
really know what to do.

I'm on OS X 10.8.5 with XQuartz 2.7.6 and Odroid-U3 with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
and Pd-0.45-4

Solutions or suggestions for both problems (XQuarz case and "Fontconfig
warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag" with Pd hanging) are
greatly appreciated.