[PD] [PD-announce] Arduino for Pd'ers tutorial

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:31:32 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Py Fave <pyfave at gmail.com> wrote:

> this is very nice !
> i have one (beginner) question,
> for analog inputs ,if you push your potentiometer full right,
> couldn't it harm the card because it is a kind of short ?
> would it be better to have a resistor in serial?

I have to admit that my knowledge on electronics is non-existent. I've
built quite some controllers with Arduino though, and never used any
resistor with potentiometers and nothing weird happened, they work fine...
I know that when you spin a potentiometer full right or left, it connects
its middle leg to 5V or ground, but never had problems with it.
Maybe someone who's got knowledge on this could clarify it...