[PD] Compile error on Odroid-U3

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:48:04 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 2014-08-30 18:02, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig
> > <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> >> well, this means that you filesystem *is* full.
> >>
> > I managed to install Pd with apt-get. Any idea why there's no space
> > to compile from source but can install from the repos?
> >
> > Although I installed it, I can't open it. If I type /usr/bin/pd I
> > get this: priority 6 scheduling enabled. priority 8 scheduling
> > enabled. Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region
> > tag
>
> i've never seen this error, but googling revealed that it might have
> to do with your locale settings.
> what does the following return?
>  $ locale

This:
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE=UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=

> try setting your language to something "default", like:
>  $ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/pd

For some reason the situation has changed as I've posted in other mails of
this thread and in another thread I created (you've seen it already, I saw
your other reply, but posting this one to answer questions...). Even with
this recommended command I get this:
xcb_connection_has_error() returned true
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
application-specific initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
"localhost:10.0"

and then watchdog keeps on signaling Pd. It's very strange cause the
situation changed without me changing anything. First I was getting the
"Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag" error, and a
day later I was getting all the above...

> > and Pd hangs. The -version flag tells me it's Pd-0.45-4. I don't
> > know what this warning means, so any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> i *think* that the warning is unrelated to Pd not being able to startup.
> i *guess* that the latter is more related to X11-forwarding.
>
> do you have X11-forwarding enabled on the odroid? [1]

yes