[PD] Problem with X11 (was: Compile error on Odroid-U3)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 2 13:51:12 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-31 17:34, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> I'm starting a new thread cause the problems I have with Odroid
> are changing. Since I installed Pd with apt-get, at first, when I
> was writing /usr/bin/pd, I was getting the following: priority 6
> scheduling enabled. priority 8 scheduling enabled.

whenever I have problems starting Pd, I start with disabling (default)
options.
the above indicates that Pd tries to run with rt-priviliges.
run with "-nrt".

> Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag
>
> and Pd was hanging (this was mentioned in the previous thread).
>
> Now I get something else when I try to open Pd, which is this:
[...]
> xcb_connection_has_error() returned true

since i have never seen this error before, i pasted it into my
favourite search engine (you might want to do the same).
the results i got seem to indicate that it is related to pulseaudio.

try starting Pd without audio:
run with "-nosound".

> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication. X11
> connection rejected because of wrong authentication. X11 connection
> rejected because of wrong authentication. X11 connection rejected
> because of wrong authentication. X11 connection rejected because of
> wrong authentication.

again i did a quick websearch, and found [2], which gives a nice
checklist (though you can ignore the last item with "X11 client
forwarding", as this is a) turned on explicitely with "-X" and b)
seems to work anyhow e.g. on udoo)

> priority 6 scheduling enabled. priority 8 scheduling enabled. X11
> connection rejected because of wrong authentication. X11 connection
> rejected because of wrong authentication. application-specific
> initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
> "localhost:10.0"

"localhost:10.0" is the DISPLAY-setting for X11-forwarding via ssh.
this means: whenever you start "ssh -X ...", ssh will set the DISPLAY
to this value, so that all X11-applications will be forwarded to your
local machine.

in any case, you should first get X11 forwarding to run properly
(without Pd).
use some simple application (like xclock or xeyes) to test whether it
works,

fgdmasr
IOhannes

[2]