[PD] [PD-announce] Arduino for Pd'ers tutorial

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 22:24:15 CEST 2014

On Die, 2014-09-02 at 09:19 +0200, Py Fave wrote:
> this is very nice !
> i have one (beginner) question,
> for analog inputs ,if you push your potentiometer full right,
> couldn't it harm the card because it is a kind of short ?
> would it be better to have a resistor in serial?

Let's say, you connect the left pin of the poti to ground, the right to
5V and the middle one to the analog input. When you turn the poti fully
right, it creates a short between 5V and the analog input, which is no
problem at all, as the analog has a very high impedance, which means
only a very tiny current is flowing.

Roman