[PD] Fresh XP install, extended works but not vanilla?

JF saintidle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 09:42:03 CEST 2014

Thanks guys. I've decided to abandon this idea and just clone my current XP harddisk as it will be going into an identical machine. I liked the idea of a fresh install – who knows what amount of registry gremlins I've picked up over the years – but my current disk works, it's fast and the audio performance is good not to mention all my software configurations, tweaks etc. don't have to be re-done.

Thanks for the ideas. I already tried putting the /pd folder right at root C: still didn't run. Also it didn't run before I installed extended so the registry idea doesn't help either.

If it aint broke etc.