[PD] Gem ffmpeg Snow

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Sep 6 13:33:49 CEST 2014

Quoting Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>:

> another pice of information:
>
> LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/LeapDeveloperKit/LeapSDK/lib/x64/libLeap.so
> optirun puredata
> oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
> oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
> priority 6 scheduling enabled.
> priority 8 scheduling enabled.
>
> what does that mean?

what does what mean? (e.g. what do you mean by "that"?)

> LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/LeapDeveloperKit/LeapSDK/lib/x64/libLeap.so

you seem to have setup your system to use some wrappers to
a) use leap

> optirun puredata

b) use optirun.

> oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?
> oops: ALSA cards not reported in order?

not a problem. just some weirdness with your alsa setup, Pd<0.46 used
to complain about.

> priority 6 scheduling enabled.
> priority 8 scheduling enabled.

you are running in realtime mode.

> On 09/06/2014 05:53 PM, Max wrote:
>> oh, and in the pd~ suprocesses, I can't move objects around, only
>> make them smaller or bigger.

how can you make them smaller or bigger?
just changing the font size?

and that's only in the subprocess?
probably the subprocess does not inherit your startup hacks (see above)
and thus get's confused. but unlikely.

>> On 09/06/2014 05:32 PM, Max wrote:
>>> trying to load my project which run perfectly fine last week,
>>> now it isn't. running Pd 0.45.4 with GEM: ver: 0.93.3 compiled:
>>> Jan 14 2014 in linux
>>
>>> I get these errors:
>>
>>> [pix_film:ffmpeg_video] Cannot find FFmpeg Snow decoder error:

pd uses Gem which uses gmerlin which uses ffmpeg which has a snow
decoder (either built in or as another plugin).

maybe your automatic system upgrade upgraded your system automatically?
check /var/log/dpkg.log

>>> JACKerror: JackPosixSemaphore::TimedWait err = Interrupted
>>> system call

i wonder whether this and the snow-decoder error are really the same
or unrelated.
does the terminal reveal more?

>>> what did I do since? i tried to compile the latest Pd.. other
>>> than that, I don't think i did something of relevance.

i hope that "trying to compile" is of no relevance here.

fgmdsar
IOhannes