[PD] cannot check out pure-data-svn zexy on fat32

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 10 18:17:13 CEST 2014

On 09/09/2014 06:53 PM, patrice colet wrote:

> Le 09/09/2014 09:34, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
>> On 09/09/2014 08:28 AM, patrice colet wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>   I had to reformat my fat32 partition to ext for downloading zexy
>>> sources from svn because of some file linking.
>>>
>>> is that normal?
>> dunno whether it's "normal" but it's definitely unintended.
>>
>> could you give more details? (i don't want to format my ext partitions
>> to fat32 just to reproduce the problem :-))
>
> a little bit...

ok, i managed to setup a image-file with FAT32, and i think i fixed the
problem.

>  Before that I tried to compile zexy with those svn sources copied
> directly to the fat32 partition from another drive
> and I had same kind of error message like "./autogen.sh: permission denied"

when copying, or when running autogen.sh?
if the latter, this is most likely a problem with your mount options:
for building zexy, you MUST run a few scripts (e.g. ./configure;
probably ./autogen.sh), but if you have mounted the partition with
"noexec" than you are not allowed to do that.

you can fix this by either:
- mount without the "noexec" flag
OR
- call the scripts from an interpreter, resp. on a partition that allows
to run scripts:
  $ sh ./autogen.sh
  $ mkdir /tmp/zexy-build
  $ cd /tmp/zexy-build