[PD] [PD-dev] Should message objects be able to pre-parse $0 into valid dollarzero?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Sep 13 23:37:07 CEST 2014

On 9/13/2014 5:10 PM, Colet Patrice wrote:

> I don't know the implications of introducing some wizard that rewrite
> code into patches for backward compatibility,
> but the idea looks seducing for me because it might break inertia that
> makes the GUI still looking like patching in the nineties.
>
> Sorry for the cynicism but it's truely a joke we sometimes share when
> it's about pd interface.

If you would like to contribute to "upgrading" the UI to something more
contemporary, we could always use more help on pd-l2ork side of things
where the canvas currently uses SVG for drawing all contents (see
http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=2554 for more info). More so, we
are currently starting to port entire gui to qt library which should
make things considerably more flexible/efficient...

Best,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor