[PD] iemlib from synaptic is missing filter~ and others like iem_cot4~

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 14 09:14:17 CEST 2014

On 09/14/2014 12:19 AM, Billy Stiltner wrote:
> I noticed the iem filters were missing from my fresh install of
> ubuntustudio 14.04
> so I installed from synaptic
> looks like a lot of the externals are missing, maybe anything that was not
> in iemlib folder
> possibly stuff from iemlib2 iemlib3 ,etc..

no.
afaict, everything is included.

if you do have problems, please be more specific.

(for what it is worth pd-iemlib ships iemlib as upstream intends it, not
as pd-extended thinks it should be intended: as single binaries for
iemlib1, iemlib2, iem_t3_lib and iem_mp3, rather than one-object-per-binary)

> also have pd 0.46 installed but had to do a sudo make install to get it
> into usr/local/bin
> could not get the local copy in home/pd-0.46-0/ to work
> make created a .libs hidden folder plus
> a hidden .deps folder in /src but did not put anything in /bin

his has been discussed over and over on this list :-(
please refer to the archives how to run the binary located in src/

furthermore, Debian comes with Pd-0.46.0 so you might want to use that
package.

to get it on older versions (e.g. ubuntustudio), do:

$ dget
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/puredata/puredata_0.46.0-1.dsc
$ cd puredata-0.46.0
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
$ sudo dpkg -i ../*0.46.0-1*.deb

iirc, i have already posted these instructions on this list.

fgards
IOhannes