[PD] help compiling recent GEM

mick mengucci misturapura at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:47:01 CEST 2014

Hello, thanks a lot for your response!

Here's my feedback:
the
$ pd -path ./abstractions:.
commando worked fine! I open the pd in the directory where I downloaded and
installed the recent version of GEM, and it basically works fine. [gemwin]
and vlc plugin are there and alive.

I just to want to add a couple of notes:
1) when I feed [pix_video] with a stream created in vlc on another laptop I
get the image but with the channels R and B inverted! This does not happen
when I stream from my laptop to one of my collegue (he gets the correct
colors).
2) About the
$ make install
I had already used that command (as I followed the instructions on the
above mentioned site). Should I do it again?

My friend suggests that some eror might have occured when compiling the new
GEM and I might have some libraries not correctly assigned.
I hope I was clear enough...

Anyway thank you very much for all you do.
Cheers

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
wrote:

> On 09/12/2014 10:34 AM, mick mengucci wrote:
> > Hi
> > I just compiled the recent version of GEM on downloaded from
> > https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem and I followed the instructions on that
> > page.
> >
> > I am had to run the bash autogen.sh before of autoconfig, and more than
> > this it happens that when I open pd-extended with the new GEM all pix_
> > objects seem ok except for [gemwin] !!! which does not exist. Or, if I do
> >  -path /.abstractions
> > it exists but simply does not work.
>
> you need a path to both the abstractions (e.g. "./abstractions") *and*
> to the binaries (e.g. ".").
> since Pd does not add any of those automatically, you have to do so
> manually:
>  $ pd -path ./abstractions:.
>
> note however, that this is simply a hack to run Gem out of the build-tree.
> the *proper* way to use it would be:
>  $ make install
> which installs everything to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem/
>

> cgmsad
> IOhannes

mickmengucci.bandcamp.com
facebook.com/mickmengucci3