[PD] Moving subpatch abstraction canvas in parent patch with message

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:37:07 CEST 2014

Greetings all,

I'm designing a Pddroid party patch that has control components that move
on and off screen. I'm using the touch.pd abstraction for an onscreen xy
keyboard controller. I'd like to be able to move it offscreen dynamically
to make space for a set of sequencer controls. All the canvases I can move
with pos x y messages, but the abstraction doesn't respond in this manner.
Does anyone have advice? I saw mention of simulating mouse clicks to move
it, but would this involve switching to edit mode simulating a click, mouse
motion, unclick, and then switch back into runtime mode? Would this even
work in Droidparty? There's got to be a better way, but I'm not finding it.

Thanks,
Sam