[PD] Patching Circle NYC

sonia yuditskaya marysghost at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:52:54 CEST 2014

Hello,

We are happy to announce the next NYC Patching Circle at our Fall location:
NYU Waverley Labs. ITP will be missed this season!

*Patching Circle--now with streaming!*

*Wednesday, Sept 24*
*6:30pm*
*Room 220*
*Waverly Labs*
*24 Waverly Place, Room 268, New York, NY 10003*

Katja Vetter: Sonic Fictions

Presentation and informal performance to follow. Bring your questions and
computers.

Coming from a background as carpenter and musical instruments maker, I feel
most attracted by the sounds of tangible things. Digital signal processing
techniques allow to analyze and manipulate acoustic sounds, and that's how
I got into electronics. My dsp framework of choice is Pure Data, for it's
open source and lovely community. I'm still more a maker than a player, and
like to share experiments and experiences with others. I can spend long
days on Pd programming, talk about it for hours and share pages full of
documentation. Little time left for music! But my rare minutes of live
performance tend to be a sweet eccentric surprise..

katjaas.nl

For those of you who can not attend the Patching Circle, we will be
experimenting with streaming, you will be able to watch the stream and chat
(through Facebook so remember to set the posting to "only me") here:
thedepartmentofpublicworks.com

The New York City Patching Circle is an free alternating monthly meeting
and salon open to anyone who is working or interested in media programming
and audiovisual performance. We mostly use Pd and Max/MSP, but all
are welcome.

Beginners and Experienced welcome. Open to everyone, students, the public,
unicorns.  Work on personal projects, professional projects, school
projects, ask for help, help others, or just patch quietly to yourself in a
room full of other people patching patches and helping other people patch.

Each month there will be informal salon, featuring demonstrations of
projects, performances and systems in the process of being built.  The
format will include short performances, artist talks about process and
performance techniques and Q&A depending on time availability.  The
salon is openly curated with the intent of being as inclusive as possible
and participation is open all practitioners working in realtime media.

Sofy Yuditskaya

Sofy Yuditskaya
s~ <http://yuditskaya.com>