[PD] iemlib from synaptic is missing filter~ and others like iem_cot4~

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 21:34:49 CEST 2014

It's possible, the problem is that, on iOS at least, you can only use static libraries so dynamic loading is not an option. My solution thus far is to compile in what few externals I still need but, ideally, I'm trying to replace them. rjlib got me 60% of the way there, my own patchlib got me anther 20%, your new osc & symbol formatting gets me 10% and now I need [getdir] & [moog~].

I need [getdir] to be able to open a patch dynamically within libpd and I need [moog~] for it's resonant analog filter emulation. So far I haven't found a pure abstraction resonant filter that sounds as good and I don't know the math well enough to reverse engineer the C source into filter objects.

My ultimate goal is to have my main song patches working the same across iOS, desktop, & UDOO. I'm maybe 90% there in total. This is why I dove into libpd ...

On Sep 23, 2014, at 3:28 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> It's too application-specific to be appropriate for inclusion in vanilla...
> but anyhow, perhaps we should think of a way to portably allow pdlib to scoop
> up externs (actually, I though that was already possible but perhaps not?)
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 03:22:15PM -0400, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> That sounds good, yeah. I meant originally I was looking for the same but as a abstraction so it would be portable between libpd and vanilla without having to compile it in. The other option would be to add this to vanilla (and this libpd) :D
>>
>> On Sep 23, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> You can have mine... http://msp.ucsd.edu/tmp/moogfilter.tgz
>>>
>>> cheers
>>> Miller