[PD] Updated pd-extended

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 07:35:59 CEST 2014

On 09/23/2014 09:19 AM, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I disagree. Your example lists what? 2 more developers? I'm talking
> about "developers" as in people working the C code, build scripts,
> tcl/tk etc aka people who could, theoretically, help push out a new
> Pd-extended release. True, we have plenty of people working on
> externals, but this is a problem for someone who can go deeper.
>
> I still maintain that the number of low level developers to overall
> users (non-developers) is relatively low.

That's true in nearly any piece of user-facing software.  But compared
to other user-facing software, Pd seems to have a fairly large number of
users with a working knowledge of C, building/compiling, etc.  Enough
that I can think of at least 13 for whom there is proof just by what
I've read from them on the user list.  But there are probably many more
than that.

-Jonathan