[PD] iemlib from synaptic is missing filter~ and others like iem_cot4~

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:44:56 CEST 2014

have replaced ggee moog~ with mf~ in xensynth
something is still weird with my resonance modulation
I found out that the filter Q modulation on filters that have control rate
Q only, was all wrong.
this was because env~ is not Peak to Peak
so [modulator~]->[env~] -> [dbtorms] ->[* 1.414 ]   gets me close to where
I want to be except 0 is not   a valid
multiplier for the Q slider when no modulation is occurring due to the
nature of
[*~  controlRateQ].
so I'm thinking [modulator~]->[env~] -> [dbtorms] ->[* 1.414 ] -> [+1]
or [controlRateQ]->[sig~]->(to left inlet of)->[*~
]<-(and)<--{[modulator~]->[env~] -> [dbtorms] ->[* 1.414 ]} to the right
inlet.
Anyways my fexpr~ DSP Cookbook filters(Frequency,thats where it's happenin
man) are working now so I might be able to do an fexpr~  moog
It's hard to beleive I am finally getting to hear them work in realtime
like they are supposed to be. well in multi xrun realtime anyways, with
long envelope, too many controls for tcl/tk to handle, and forgetting to
close the task manager,etc the cpu gets hogged.
It turns out that nothing was wrong with my conversion of c code to fexpr~
but rather my envelope modulation problem, who woulda knew that [env~] was
not peak to peak? not me, haha
whats the deal with the [min~] of [ phasor~] and [ phasor~] ->[-~ -1]->[*~
-50]   in test-mf~.pd ?