[PD] running vanilla with Tcl 8.5 on OSX

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:33:21 CEST 2014

yes hans is right. I was able to open by changing gatekeeper settings or
command below.

for example at the uni i would usually run:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine
/Users/megrimm/Desktop/Pd-0.46-0-64bit-retina.app

to open apps on stations that did not conform to IT policy but that was
with 10.8

with 10.9.5 at least, i have to run it with "sudu" to open it meaning if IT
updates OS to 10.9.5 gatekeeper would stop PD from running from ~/Desktop
or ~/Applications, for example, meaning something like Pd would need admin
privileges for proper installation I'm assuming. I am also assuming Pd is
not on the list of "Identified Developers" meaning admin installation is
required on University computers. this is unfortunate because often when
teaching I need to improvise on system that I have not used before and have
not given IT the one week or whatever to do an install....

any thought on this? specifically apple "Identified Developers",
gatekeeper, and Pd

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com