[PD] Updated pd-extended

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Sep 25 17:03:10 CEST 2014

Why is this such a problem? I did not break source compatibility (well,
some of it will happen for gui objects as a result of porting gui to qt)
and for every extended release you recompile new binaries anyhow and so
does pd-l2ork, except that pd-l2ork goes even one step further offering a
monolithic release. Besides, pd is not java and there is no binary
compatibility across different platforms (except maybe libpd realized in
java, but that is not what we are talking about here). Under such
circumstances, I see binary compatibility strictly as a means of
maintaining status quo. As a final thought, consider that a lot of good
work (as you called it, and I thank you for your kind words) would not have
been possible without breaking binary compatibility which, given the
aforesaid circumstances, is a non-issue to begin with.

Best,

Ico