[PD] Install 32Bit Pd-extended on 64Bit Ubuntu

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 28 09:17:29 CEST 2014

Quoting Jonghyun Kim <agitato816 at gmail.com>:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm on 64Bit Ubuntu 14.04.1, and I wanna to install 32 Bit Pd-extended on
> my 64Bit system.
>
> I searched forum and internet, but I can't find out the instruction.

like any other 32bit package you want to install on your 64bit system,
you first have to enable "multi-arch" for your system,
and then you can install the 32bit package.

i don't know the commands by heart, but it's something like:
# dpkg --add-architecture i386
there should be plenty of documentation on this subject on the web
(though probably none related to Pd-extended)

since Pd-extended has *many* dependencies (and most of them are
platform-dependent, that is: for a 32bit PdX you need to install 32bit
dependencies), you might end up having a full-fledged 32bit-system
residing besides your 64bit-system.

are you sure you want this?
(esp. since on recent Ubuntus, you should have most externals
available as native packages, so you can simply "aptitude install"
those that you need - in 64bit mode!)

fgmadsr
IOhannes