[PD] Updated Pd-Extended

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 04:39:10 CEST 2014

Some questions about the bullet points on the page:

* update the libraries to the latest version, and test them

Aren't they updated by virtue of pulling from the latest svn?  If I can get Pd-extended to compile, what else do I need to do in order to update the libs?

* pull in relevant commits from pd-vanilla (you can't just pull them all in because vanilla does the GUI stuff differently, and Pd-extended
has promised pixel-exact sizing on all platforms for a few releases
now).

Does this refer to the single-line change in pd-gui.tcl pertaining to the font scaling, or something bigger?  If it's something bigger then that's a real drag.

* fix platform-specific bugs

Are the auto-builds still around?  If not, is there a guide to setting up a nightly build environment?

* finish splitting out all the core objects into standalone library
(this is mostly done, that makes it a lot easier to keep pd-extended's
core updated with pd-vanilla commits since all of the objects are a
separate library that is taken directly from vanilla).

How is this easier than not doing any work splitting out the internal objects?  (The fact that it is not finished leads me to believe it is not easier.)

-Jonathan