[PD] "list foreach"?

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Oct 10 07:39:16 CEST 2014

On 10/10/14 12:26, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>      That's all great advice in general.  But then there's this thread
> in particular, where at least two perfectly capable developers chose to
> advocate for a trivial feature to be added to Pd rather than taking 10
> minutes to implement it and make a "small, clean, self contained patch"
> as you suggest.  Why do you think that is?

My guess is that we all have busy lives outside Pd.

My first instinct was to do work that I will get paid for this morning
instead, but then I realised this may be an opportunity to change things
for the better in our community, and therefore for myself. Selfish!

Now my daughter will get a lump of coal for xmas and I will have to tell
her that it is because I spent all my time arguing with people on my
computer instead of earning money.

> In the meantime I'll continue doing exactly the healthy development
> process you describe, in Pd-l2ork.

Sounds good! Nice one.

I realise that following the same process with Miller's Pd is more
difficult because Miller is more conservative about what he accepts into
Pd than Ico, and you have not built the same working relationship with
him. My hunch is that a greater number of users will benefit if you try
to follow the same process on Miller's Pd as well.

I am not trying to coerce you.

Cheers,

Chris.

--