[PD] "list foreach"?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 09:25:28 CEST 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 01:52:00AM -0400, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> has no choice but to keep it as-is. Some would argue this is one potential
> definition of a stalemate. OTOH, there are some of us who are less
> concerned with legacy and more interested in faster development, which is

Something that always impressed me from the Perl community was Larry's
idea of an Apocalypse for moving from 5 to 6

When a community gets 5+ years advanced notice of moving to a new
chapter the stalemate issues have a mechanism to dissolve.  A major
_planned_ landmark/milestone also acts as a rallying point for debate
and concrete decision making. The Perl5/6 split and rendezvous seems
like a mature, farsighted way to handle modernising a codebase with
complex community and legacy concerns.

best,
Andy

--