[PD] [oscparse] parsing address patterns with integers differently

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 13 15:40:35 CEST 2014

Hi Joe,

the "0" in the OSC address part actually is a symbol! All parts of an OSC
address are strings as far as [oscparse] and [oscformat] are concerned.

Try this:

 [bang(

 [oscformat 0]

 [oscparse]

 [print]

It will print "symbol 0"!

[route 0] is a [route] in "float-mode": It only routes float messages, that's
why it cannot catch symbol-messahes with a numeric symbol data part.

You should be able to work around this by creating a [route] in symbol-mode
and feeding it a symbol-0 to the right inlet like this:

                    [0(

                    [makefilename %d]

 [route DUMMY-SYMBOL]

Ciao
--
Frank

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:34:24PM +0100, Joe White wrote:
> I noticed with the [oscparse] object that if I have an address pattern that
> contains only an integer, it can't be correctly parsed by any future
Ciao