[PD] biquad~ based riaa filter

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:59:23 CEST 2014

The syntax for biquad~'s arguments, according to the help patch:

fb1 fb2 ff1 ff2 ff3

In the patch you swap fb2<>ff2 and ff1<>ff3. The syntax in the help file is
confusing. For better consistency it could be called:

fb1 fb2 ff0 ff1 ff2

Fill the coefficients for the 44.1 reproduction filter as mentioned in the
musicdsp topic:

-0.721892 -0.186052 1 -1.70072 0.702938

But this doesn't seem to produce a minimum phase filter, and it can't be
inverted. I guess the signs of feedback coefficients must be flipped to
match Pd's biquad implementation:

0.721892 0.186052 1 -1.70072 0.702938

This gives a frequency and phase response much resembling the plots on
http://jiiteepee.tripod.com/riaa.html. This filter can be inverted by
swapping the feedback and feed forward coefficients and also flipping the
signs:

1.70072 -0.702938 1 -0.721892 -0.186052

This gives the exact inverse frequency and phase response.

Katja