[PD] Build externals from svn?

Peter P. p8rpp at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 19:56:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

sorry to be bringing this up, but

I am trying to compile some externals form the mrpeach folder. Since
these externals have no dedicated Makefile, I would like to use the
externals/ Makefile issueing
        make mrpeach

So I am trying to download the whole trunk using the command
        svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk pure-data-svn
as described on http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingPdSource

I am getting an error that way:
    svn: E000104: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk'
    svn: E000104: Can't read from connection: Connection reset by peer

I was wondering if svn is still the correct way to checkout the
externals (or if things have moved to git). Furthermore I read in
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-10/065415.html
that I have to checkout the 'packages' directory. Is the above svn
command the correct way to do it?

I usually compile Pd checking it out from Miller's git repository.
Which headers need to be used/configured for compiling externals the
above way?

Is there any information of the current way of how to do it besides
the above URL?

Thanks to everyone helping me understand this process better.

best, Peter