[PD] Get room impulse response

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 13:03:54 CEST 2014

for convolution purpose there are afaik lots of implementation
you can even do your own in pure pd (without externals)
the last externals I saw doing this was in the Hao or Cream library
from MSH Paris Nord [1]
I think the lib is shipped with lots of impulse to do binaural
rendering, wich is great !
be careful there are lots of incompatibilies with Vanilla (I made a
Makefile but I stuck with some crashes due to some hacks in Pd's code)

btw those only do convolution not impulse response extraction, for
which you need to do "deconvolution" by knowing the source impulse and
it's response
some software are dedicated to this task, but I don't know any on linux

the old way to record impulse response is to fire some explosive or
gun but they make a weighted noise and thus the impulse will be
"colored" by the impulse source.
once you have recorded an impulse, edit it to remove onset time and
then convolve it with your live sound.
the key to make a convolution reverb sounding great is to have a good impulse.

cheers

[1] : https://github.com/CICM/HoaLibrary/releases
--
do it yourself