[PD] Weird Tcl Invalid command name error message (and understanding them)

Kaj Ailomaa zequence at mousike.me
Sun Oct 26 23:58:21 CET 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014, at 11:04 PM, Benoît Fortier wrote:
 (I'm using Pd extended 0.43.4
> on a 2014 Mac mini running osx 10.9.) :
> (Tcl) NOM DE COMMANDE INVALIDE : invalid command name ".x929b540.c"
> while executing".x929b540.c delete graph9375b40o0"    ("uplevel" body
> line 2569)    invoked from within"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd".
> and then a bunch of normal error messages like this one appear in
> succession :x2257570: no such object

I have the same problem on pd-extended (can't remember if it was also on
vanilla). Had to do with nested GOP in my case, I'm pretty sure. Closing
the most parent patch window causes the bug.

Does this look normal (quoted from above):
invoked from within"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

I've noticed that some dollar signs get replaced by # in a few of the
gui object settings, like the send and receive names. They still work,
but display the wrong symbol. Could this be related somehow?