[PD] svn and git question

Peter P. p8rpp at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 15:36:45 CET 2014

Hi list,

I am trying to understand the relation between different ways of
getting the Pd sources via svn and git.

The Pd sources I can get via git issuing
    git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/pure-data
will give me Pd-0.46.2 as of today.

Now the sources included inside the SVN trunk received via
    svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk
pure-data-svn
compile as Pd-0.43.1.
I think I remember that I have to keep them laying around in as part
of my SVN checkout in order to compile (certain?) externals from the
SVN community repository.

Or is there a way to use the git sources in order to compile SVN
externals easily?

Sorry if these seem basic questions, strangely after ten years of pure
dating, they are still unclear to me.

Looking forward to receive any hints!
best, P