[PD] [oscparse] parsing address patterns with integers differently

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Oct 29 05:51:41 CET 2014

Hi Miller,

On 29/10/14 12:34, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Oops, you're right, that acomplished nothing but deeper confusion.
>
> There should be a way to convert strings <-> floats in vanilla without
> making a monstrous ascii-parsing patch.  Seems like this shouldn't happen
> automatcally (99% of teh time it's probably a mistake) but there should be
> a way to do it when you actually want to...

One alternative would be to make the [f] object accept a subset of
symbols that look like floats so that a user can do an explicit
typecast, printing an error in the event a symbol does not convert
cleanly. Would you hypothetically accept a patch that did that?

Incidentally, my eyes might be deceiving me but it seems like
pdfloat_float() is defined twice in x_connective.c(.)

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/