[PD] [oscparse] parsing address patterns with integers differently

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Oct 30 03:47:40 CET 2014

On 29/10/14 23:45, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Yeah, I thought about doing that - but ran into trouble because thn really
> "sybol" should do the opposite but symbol already does something else
> (perhaps appropriately outputs the symbol "float".)
>
> "Trigger" simlarly already defined.
>
> Horribly, the opposite (float to symbol) is doable using "makefilename".

Also using a) oscformat/oscparse and b) list fromsymbol/tosymbol both of
which I feel slightly responsible for. :)

I understand the asymmetry. Maybe there should be a "cast" object? Or an
"makefloat" object?

Or maybe oscparse and tosymbol should do the expected thing when a
float-looking symbol pops out?

Cheers,

Chris.

--