[PD] Weird Tcl Invalid command name error message (and understanding them)

Benoit Fortier benoitfortier at yahoo.ca
Thu Oct 30 22:06:23 CET 2014

Le 2014-10-26 à 18:58, Kaj Ailomaa <zequence at mousike.me> a écrit :

> I have the same problem on pd-extended (can't remember if it was also on
> vanilla). Had to do with nested GOP in my case, I'm pretty sure. Closing
> the most parent patch window causes the bug.

I think I removed all the nested GOP abstractions in my patch and the problem came back again. Fortunatly it's not a major issue and the patch seems to be working fine anyway. So unless there are still some nested GOP hidding in places in the patch I didn't had a look yet, the problem in my case seems to be something else.

I found a few instance of the envgen object (from the ggee library, by Guenter Geiger according to the help file) in the patch. There seems to be a few GUI bugs and invalid command names error messages related to that object (maybe caused by that object? I can't tell), particularly when I'm working on a GOP abstraction with envgen in it (with the envgen object outside of the GOP area… should I just avoid envgen in abstractions?). So, has anyone ever experienced bugs with envgen with the latest version of PD-extended (0.43.4)?

Benoît Fortier